Time for a Fiesta! How about making Pinata cupcakes to surprise your friends?
These Pinata Cupcakes were so easy to make. Just make cupcake as normal, then used a piping tip to cut out the circles and filled them with pinata sprinkles mix. Then trimmed the lids and placed them back on top and iced them with butter cream followed by some sprinkles on top.
Let’s get into the details and break down exactly how you can make your own Pinata Cupcakes.
You will need:
- Baked cupcakes
- Piping tip / a knife or other circular device to cut a hole in the cupcake
- Pinata Sprinkles Mix
- Pink, Yellow & Blue colored Swirl buttercream for frosting the cupcakes.
1. Make cupcakes in the flavor of your choice.
2. Core the center of each cupcake. Use a piping tip if you have one, or simply use a jam knife to cut out a small hole in the center.
3. Next, fill the hole up with the pinata sprinkles mix - we used a combination of rainbow confetti, orange & yellow mini beads ,pink & teal jim bits and pinata shaped sprinkles for these cupcakes .
4. Slice off the bottom of the core that you’ve just cut out , reserving about ¼″ of the top. You’ll use this use as your plug to cover your sprinkle filling and to give you a level surface on which to pipe your frosting.
5. Frosted with multi colored frosting swirl and decorate the top of each cupcake with the same pinata shaped sprinkle.